Thursday, October 23, 2008

Coaster Ornament

I have TONS of round coasters and decided I'd better start using them! I really like this Christmas tree image from TAC's Joy of Christmas set. I inked the edges of my coaster with Noir Palette ink and then I used my circle Coluzzle template to cut a slightly smaller circle of red cardstock. I glued the red cardstock to the coaster and then I stamped my images with Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder.

Please disregard the '2008' that I wrote on this. I really wanted to put the year on it, but I don't have number stamps that would coordinate wtih this. After I wrote the year, I realized the ink did NOT match the embossing. Other thoughts for this project are to raise the word 'Christmas' up a little higher and then add a photo. I really like the black and white polka dot ribbon. I think it adds a fun touch to the project.
Supplies-
4" Coaster
heat gun
red cardstock

5 comments:

Barb said...

Very nice! I love how part of the tree is off the coaster. And love the fun touch of the polka dot ribbon!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Such a cute tag !!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Cute coaster!!!

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this and it inspires me to use my round coasters...now where did I put them again? Hmmm...well when I find them I think I will make some ornaments! Thanks for the idea!!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Laurie said...

I have tons of round coasters too! This is such a cute idea! Thanks!