Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fun Technique




I had a chance to work at my craft desk the other night and pulled out my 'Camping' stamp set. I forgot that it had these two trees. As soon as I saw the trees, they reminded me of the 'stamping off' technique. The 'stamping off' technique allows you to achieve several shades of color from one ink pad and it also allows you to add depth to your project.

For this card, I chose to add depth to my trees. I inked my tree images with Landscape Palette ink and brushed the edges of each tree with Burnt Umber Palette ink. I firmly stamped the image onto white paper and then, without reinking, I positioned my stamp slightly higher and to the right of the first image and then stamped again. This caused the next set of trees to appear off in the distance. I continued this process across my piece of cardstock. Next, I used a kleenex to rub the Burnt Umber ink along the bottom of the white cardstock and rubbed just a little bit above the trees- just to get rid of the bright white of the cardstock.

This technique was a lot of fun. I honestly don't own very many solid image stamp sets. I tend to stick with open images that I can watercolor. It's kind of fun to step outside your comfort zone every once in awhile. I really should do this more often. :)

Supplies:
'Camping' stamp set
'Tag Tidbits' stamp set
'Ivy' Bazzille cs
misc. white and brown cs
QuicKutz diecut tag
Landscape and Burnt Umber Palette Ink, black ink
misc. red ribbon





4 comments:

nic_d said...

Love this. I have to get my hands on these trees!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

OOO... I love this Sarah!
:-)

Annie said...

Great card Sarah!

Annie said...

Great card Sarah!!