Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sewing Machine Fun





I love to quilt and sew almost as much as I love to work with paper and rubberstamps. I decided to combine all of this and these are the three projects I came up with. I plan to offer them as a class in September or October. I want to give credit for the circle card idea to a friend named Denise that I met on a forum that I use to be a part of. She sent me the most amazing card and I've hung on to it forever because I knew that I wanted to try and make a similar one someday.

Denise's card said this on the outside, "When I count my blessings I count..." and the inside had a letter 'U'. How cute! She also used a patterned paper that had numbers all over it- very cool concept.

I'd like to share a quick tip with you about using your sewing machine. Try to think ahead when gluing your pieces in place. You want to try and not put glue where the needle will be entering. This will keep your needle from gumming up. For example- on the full size card (the first photo) I ran glue along the top and side of my green piece of paper, only down the middle and very edges of the striped paper and along the bottom and sides of the pink paper.

If you haven't tried sewing on paper yet, I challenge you to give it a try!!

Supplies-

Lilly Anna Soar With It Collection, white thread, zig-zag stitch and sewing machine used on all three projects.

Full size card

Bold Flourishes
Level A Hostess set for sentiment
Bella Rose Palette Ink

3 x 3 card
Build a Buggie

Tag Tidbits
green Bazzill cardstock (actual name unknown)
misc. tag and eyelet
black ink


Circle Card
Coluzzle Circle Template
silver brad
misc. flower

4 comments:

Vicki Hook said...

I have sewn on my cards but not in a circle! Yours looks great!

Leanne said...

OH,I wish I could sew on a sewing machine. I can't sew a straight line for anything. These cards are adorable!

Dianette Seda said...

My sewing machine is a cheap and small one, haven't use it more than twice. I'll get surprise if it works after years of neglect, but love your cards, and you're tempting me. lol.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wonderfully done!!!

:-)