Monday, July 2, 2007

Wah-Hoo!!!



My husband and I helped out with VBS at our church last week. We averaged about 45 kids each evening and 18 accepted Christ! I think that is so awesome!! As you can tell from the picture above, we had a western theme. Our VBS was called 'Welcome to Avalanche Ranch. A Wild Ride Through God's Word! I was in charge of the music for the opening and closing. I also taught 4 sections each evening at the 'Prairie Dog Preschool'. I'm a kindergarten teacher, so I'm used to being around 5 yr. olds, but those preschoolers are a totally different kind of group! You've really got to be prepared and make sure you keep things moving!! My husband is always a big hit with the kids. (He's a big kid himself!) He was in charge of the 'Wild West Theater' for the older kids. All in all it was a great week and we're so glad that we were able to be a part of it.









I've officially posted my first card challenge at the new TAC demo site, Paper Wings. I'm using a card sketch from a great site called Page Maps. Becky Fleck has some awesome sketches to check out. I had fun making this card. If you feel inspired by this sketch I'd love to see what you come up with. Leave me a comment and link your card and I'll swing by your blog and take a look! Have a great day!!

Supplies:

PP - Mulberry Meadows from TAC
Plum colored card stock for card base
Flower image from 'Petal Pak' stamp set (TAC)
Sentiment from 'More One Liners' (TAC)
brads

3 comments:

Corie said...

you guys look so cute. The card is great tooo -- great color combo

Pattyjo said...

Thats great! That was a wonderful thing to hear about the ones that accepted Christ. Our VBS starts next week. Nice blog!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

PRAISE God! That's so cool! It must be nice to be a part of an awesome ministry.
:-)
I'll have to go check out Paper Wings.
:-)