Monday, July 2, 2007

Wah-Hoo!!!



My husband and I helped out with VBS at our church last week. We averaged about 45 kids each evening and 18 accepted Christ! I think that is so awesome!! As you can tell from the picture above, we had a western theme. Our VBS was called 'Welcome to Avalanche Ranch. A Wild Ride Through God's Word! I was in charge of the music for the opening and closing. I also taught 4 sections each evening at the 'Prairie Dog Preschool'. I'm a kindergarten teacher, so I'm used to being around 5 yr. olds, but those preschoolers are a totally different kind of group! You've really got to be prepared and make sure you keep things moving!! My husband is always a big hit with the kids. (He's a big kid himself!) He was in charge of the 'Wild West Theater' for the older kids. All in all it was a great week and we're so glad that we were able to be a part of it.









I've officially posted my first card challenge at the new TAC demo site, Paper Wings. I'm using a card sketch from a great site called Page Maps. Becky Fleck has some awesome sketches to check out. I had fun making this card. If you feel inspired by this sketch I'd love to see what you come up with. Leave me a comment and link your card and I'll swing by your blog and take a look! Have a great day!!

Supplies:

PP - Mulberry Meadows from TAC
Plum colored card stock for card base
Flower image from 'Petal Pak' stamp set (TAC)
Sentiment from 'More One Liners' (TAC)
brads

3 comments:

Corie said...

you guys look so cute. The card is great tooo -- great color combo

Pattyjo said...

Thats great! That was a wonderful thing to hear about the ones that accepted Christ. Our VBS starts next week. Nice blog!

Nancy Grant said...

PRAISE God! That's so cool! It must be nice to be a part of an awesome ministry.
:-)
I'll have to go check out Paper Wings.
:-)