Thursday, January 15, 2009

Card Sketch

I've been in a bit of a creative funk and decided to try out Heather's most recent sketch. My patterned paper is from TAC's Penelope Soar With it Collection. My sentiment is from the stamp set 'Soul's Kisses'. It's a set that is being offered with TAC's Wonderful Winter Wishes promotional. I was having problems finding the right color of paper to stamp my sentiment on, so I ended up sponging Violete Palette ink on to a light brownish piece of cardstock. I have quite the stash of flowers going on...I tend to hoard them...so it was a big step to add these three flowers to this card! LOL! I've also had some velvet brads that were tucked away...taken out from time to time and admired...and they were perfect for this card.

8 comments:

nic_d said...

Very cute card! Love how the sunflowers came together!

Laurie said...

Another cute card! I do love the flowers....and know what you mean by hoarding.....I have a few myself! It's like buying a candle and never burning it so you don't waste it! :)

Barb said...

This is so pretty! Great colors, and LOVE the flowers!

Bridgett Owens said...

This is a really great card. I always love sunflowers and this sentiment is one of my favorites!! LOVE IT!

Laurie Unger said...

This is nicely done! TFS!

Vicki Hook said...

Those velvet brads ROCK with the flowers! Love this card!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have known that these flowers didn't have that center if you don't mention it. They look great together! And I love how you did the background paper with your ink and sponge.

Heather said...

LOVE your turn on the sketch! That Penelope is so luscious - it looks great with the flowers too!